Saturday, January 17, 2009

Birthday party supplies

I stopped at the dollar store today to get Ava some chapstick. Poor thing keeps getting chapped lips. The dollar store is my nemesis. In order to stay on budget I have banned myself from there. I used to always get tons of craft supplies and treats for Ava. We do less crafting these days, but she is also in daycare 3 days a week now so she gets to craft there everyday so it works out.

Once in there I decided to get some birthday supplies for her party on the 31st just in case I don't get out to town again before then (it's an hour away). I spent $36.16, including 3 chapsticks and 4 boardbooks for Peyton (she's so into books these days).

We have no friends with little kids her age so I invited the girls from her Sunday school class at my mom's church. I was taking the girls regularly for a few months this Spring/Summer but eventually stopped going. Always a struggle for me to go to church. I love God/the Creator, but not religion.

I haven't told Ava because if no one comes then she'll be disappointed. This way if someone does show up she'll be thrilled. I have no idea if any will come, but I bought little goody bags for them today anyways. Just a few things - stickers, kaleidescopes, and magnet Disney Princess dolls (like paperdolls but for the fridge/washer/front door/etc).

I went to Canadian Tire to get some Mr Clean stuff that was on sale and that I had coupons for. My MIL waited in the car with the girls so I checked out the toys on clearance. There is one Diamond Princess Carriage left that is half-price so I think I'll head back there tomorrow with my Canadian Tire money and get it for her for her birthday. I have a Polly Pockets doll set that I got on sale and used CDN Tire money for about 6 weeks ago - $6 total from $50. She is very into the "impossible-to-dress-dolls" with the "many-choking-hazards."

She has been adament that she have a Pinata for her birthday since going to a party with one back in September. They are expensive for a cardboard box filled with crap. I think it'll run around $30. We have the money but I'm so cheap that I cringe at this purchase.

3 Comments:

Blogger dinah34 said...

this is the link for the side bars http://www.licketyknit.com/progressbars.html...it took me a while to figure it out...but once you do they are easy peasy.

January 17, 2009 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger dinah34 said...

ps. i think it's very cool that your daughter wants a pinata at her birthday! that is so neat.

January 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Ohh..! I hope tons of little girls show up. How cool would it be for them all to whack a pinata?

(I still dream of giving the ax to one)

Maybe you could make your own pinata?

Can you imagine, a square pinata that says "bananas" on the outside? LOL!... could put some fake ears on it... anyway.

I also have a tutorial about the debt tickers if you want to email me at brokeinthecity at gmail dot com.

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

January 18, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home