Sunday, January 25, 2009

Goodbye Magic Jars

We've been on the jar system for 3 months now for our variable spending. This week I've decided to go back to the debit/credit card. We get points for movies using them and I really like free movies and popcorn. I feel like we're used to how much we have to spend and can easily do it using the cards and just tracking it with the budget binder. It's a bit more work, but worth it in the end.

Plus my credit card can become active again and keep building a good credit history. I transfered our two credit card balances to one with a low introductory rate back in November. I don't use that card because new purchases have an interest rate of 9.99% and since the payments go to the highest balance (the transfered balances), I will pay this interest on them until the transfered balance is paid off (about a year). By using my old card and paying off each month I avoid the interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home